📍 This is an internship position based in Cape Town, South Africa.
Possibility of remote work.
❤️ About us
Hi there! We’re Welcome Tomorrow — the digital marketing agency behind some of Africa’s most successful brands 👋.
Welcome Tomorrow was founded in 2021 by Maxime Calot, starting from a simple observation: digital marketing agencies have been here forever (20+ years), with little innovation. At the same time, online marketing has become increasingly complex and competitive, but few partners have a 360 vision of the key components that contribute a business success.
Bringing state-of-the-art performance marketing expertise, Welcome Tomorrow is on a mission to redefine what a trusted growth partner is. We operate along 4 main pillars:
- Performance Marketing: driving actual business results for our customers (such as online sales or leads) thanks to data-driven strategies articulated around data, media and creatives.
- Mobile Growth: acquiring new users and retaining them on mobile apps. This one is a big bet for us as the Mobile opportunity is huge in Africa, yet there’s almost no expertise in this field.
- Creative Studio: good creatives are paramount in any campaign performance. On digital, the codes are different ; we design specific data-driven creatives for each marketing channel.
- Data & Dash-boarding: we enable our customers to visually understand the results of their marketing campaigns and the behaviour of their audience to make sound business decisions.
🎨 Role Description
We are looking for a highly-motivated Social Media & Content manager with an ambition to learn from others and develop deep expertise into our field of operation. In this role, you will be a key part of Welcome Tomorrow, responsible for managing our social media accounts, writing for our blog and newsletters.
- Develop WT’s brand awareness within web communities (blog, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok)
- Collaborate closely with our creative team to illustrate your ideas and writing in a powerful way
- Taking part in the development of the content strategy
- Defining and developing the voice and tone of our brand
- Strengthen the cohesion of the community on social networks (animation and moderation of the community)
- Evaluate and follow up marketing actions for our brand
- Disseminate the different contents on all social networks
- Research and write blog articles demonstrating our online marketing thought leadership
- Manage our customers social media accounts - posting, boosting, promoting posts, content calendars, community management
This will be a collaborative role working closely with other team stakeholders (CEO, Graphic Designer).
- A bachelor or masters degree in communication, PR or digital marketing
- A playful and flexible writing style, a sharp sense of humour, and a passion for the craft
- An excellent understanding of social media codes and winning strategies